Speech/Language Services

Image result for slp


Speech and Language Pathologists (SLPs) hold a Master’s Degree and qualify for membership in the Canadian Association for Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists (CASLPA).


Click Here for Speech-Language School Resources


District Speech-Language Pathologists provide support for students with a broad range of communication difficulties.  Students referred for speech and language services may have communication difficulties in the areas of language development, social language, articulation, fluency, and voice.  

At the Kindergarten to Grade 7 levels, support is provided on an itinerant basis and ranges from direct to indirect services.  Service may include assessment, individual or group therapy, participation on School-Based Teams/Learning Services Teams, and consultation with teachers, parents, school personnel, and outside agencies, where appropriate. 

At the secondary level, service is limited to consultation. 

Contact Procedures

  • contact the school-based Support Teacher/team
  • contact the Classroom Teacher
  • contact the SLP at school or at Student Support Services
  • After consultation with the SLP, the school-based team can complete a formal referral signed by the Support Teacher, Principal, Classroom Teacher, and parents






Emily_Black@sd42.ca  – (AAC)