Services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students

Hearing loss is a medically diagnosed condition documented in an audiogram and report from an Ear, Nose and Throat Medical Doctor (ENT) or Registered Audiologist.

If you suspect that a student has a hearing loss, parents should contact their family Medical Doctor and/or Public Health Audiology.

Those students with a medically documented hearing loss should be referred to Student Support Services using the School District 42 REQUEST FOR LEARNING SERVICES REFERRAL form, with audiogram and audiology report attached. The documentation will be reviewed by a Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (TDHH) and a decision will be made as to the appropriate level of support services.


Enquiries may be directed to the Hearing Department at Learning Services